Friday, January 8, 2010

snowy garden

My youngest 2 daughters and I went outside to play on the first snowy day of the season.  Living in Georgia we don't get much snow so all you northern out there laughing...I know.  :-P

In Nelyn's little garden the statues looked so beautiful that I had to take photos of them.  And yes I did take photos of my girls, but I'm not posting them here today, today it is all about how beautiful these little statues looked in the snow, covered with bits of dirt like a little boy that should have been here on a day like today.

The weather is crisp and clear, you can hear the snow crunch under your feet.  Your feet getting colder by the minute because you forgot how cold it can be walking in the snow.  Your breath is blowing in the cold breeze as you exhale. Feeling the sting of the air as you inhale.  Such a wonderful day to feel alive.  AND that is what it looked like when I saw these statues, like they were alive or just one breath away for becoming alive.  So today you get 4 special photos of 3 very special things that remind me of my son.

Tell which one you like the best.

Jan 8

4 comments:

JD said...

Beautiful Lynne! I like the first and last the best. :-)

Unknown said...

The first one. Is that the one I got you?

Lynne said...

yes it is and I'm now using it my wallpaper on my 'puter.

Marce said...

Oh the 1st one so magical dreamy like.

This should be fun for you this year Lynne.