Wednesday, March 10, 2010

headstones on a gloomy day

I've been wanting to go to this local cemetery for awhile now.  For years I've been passing it and there is an angel you can see for the road I've always wondered about it but, lately I've wanted to photograph it in the rain.  Today was the day.  And....WOW! I would have never thought that I would see what I did. There were a lot of baby headstones.  It was so sad seeing them.  I don't get a chance to visit my son's grave, I know it's just his ashes and not him, but there are days when I would like to.  Today brought it home.  Seeing babies headstones, some in the same family.  They should have grown up together not be buried side-by-side living only a few days or months. But I guess living around the turn of the last century in a small town it was to be expected.  Still doesn't make it right.

Mar 10

2 comments:

Jinxie said...

Oh wow, brilliant! What an emotional afternoon, so fabulously caught with the digital. Is it wrong to say that I love cemeteries?

Lynne said...

nope not at all. There is something peaceful there that makes it intriguing to go to an old one.