Sunday, March 14, 2010

red mortar hands

Just about every weekend since the end of Jan/being of Feb we've been working on our fireplace, ripping down the old mantle and putting up a faux stone hearth all the way to the ceiling.  It's been a long time in coming but it's also most done.  This weekend we started on the mortar and to do it I had to get up on the ladder and squeeze it into the spacings of the stone.  It's a red color and it looked really red going in, not only that it stained my hands red too...very red. I did find a way to get it off so my hands aren't red any more, coffee grounds and dish soap.  Worked like a dream, my hands are normal looking now....well I need a manicure but other then that they look normal ~can you guess what I'm doing tomorrow?  ;-)~

Mar 14

No comments: