Tuesday, January 1, 2013

pork for good luck

New Year, so I've decided that I'm going to *try* to take a photo every day once again.  I kind of fell off the wagon last year doing the photo thing, so I'm going to climb back up and start doing it again.  I've changed the name a bit too to also in corporate my other ~neglected~ photo blog.  So they'll have the same watermarks on the in case I decide to use them on that blog too.

Have you ever heard of what to eat on the first day of the new year to bring good luck?  It always seem to be with pork of some kind so that's what I made for dinner.  Country pork ribs with apple & onion slices with a little bit of apple cider vinegar, not sure how it's going to taste but it's worth a try.  We'll be having black eyed peas, collared green and cornbread muffins.  A very southern soul-food dinner for good luck.

Jan 1

3 comments:

Mara said...

So how was it little lady?
I didn't do the good luck dinner thingamagig. I want to push my luck. So far the year has sucked, yep all one day, lol. Wanna push my luck. ;-)

Lynne said...

it was good. Adding that little bit of apple cider vinegar really made the pork soft.

Mara said...

So where are the rest of the pictures? Come on girl, I am counting on you to keep you accountable, lol :-P